Thursday, March 23, 2006

Philadelphia Daily News Podcast #1

I sat down today to write a different blog than this one. It occured to me that I hadn't commented on my "Podcast" experience from last week and that I wanted to. So, I'll save the other topic and post it a couple of days from now.

On Monday, March 13, I had the pleasure of recording a health and fitness podcast with fitness guru Kimberly Garrison at the offices of the Philadelphia Daily News. I sincerely wish to thank Kimberly for her generosity in inviting me to participate. What a fun experience. It's been about 7 or 8 years since I recorded my last set of hypnosis tapes and about 26 years since I last played in a band and performed in public. Being behind a microphone was exciting once again. I hope to do it again soon.

The content of the podcast focused on, utilizing your mind in assisting you to achieve the fitness, diet and body goals that you've set. Yeah, sounds like a winner to me. Your mind really does participate in your personal achievement.

They titled the podcast "The wisdom of Popeye." Now slow down. I'm not Popeye. I referenced how self-esteem is really at the heart of all personal achievement (or personal problems) and that the ideal is to take the position "I am what I am." This was a saying used regularly by Popeye in the old cartoons that I watched as a child. And you thought Popeye was only selling spinach?

You can listen to the podcast at Kimberly Garrison's Girlfriend's Locker Room. Just click the link and you should be good to go.

Thanks again, Kimberly. You're a champ. It really is about lifting each other up and supporitng everybody's success.

John Hudome, DCH
"Workout and eat as if your life depended on it."

No comments: