Thursday, May 18, 2006

Step 2 in "Playing to Win." What Does Winning Look Like?

Step 2: What Does Winning Look Like?

Think about it. If you don't know the answer to this question, how do you know you won? Or, that you got the result you wanted? How do we know who wins the baseball game? How do we know who wins a presidential election? In every endeavor there is a way of keeping score. A way of knowing who won. You need to know what winning looks like in your game. If you don't, you won't stick to it long enough to get the positive results that you want and deserve.

So, get a sheet of paper. Write at the top: 1- What's may game, or What game am I playing? Under that write: 2- What does winning look like to me? Then , just start writing. Write the first things that come into your mind. Let it flow. It doesn't matter if it makes sense or not. Just write. You can clean it up later, if necessary. Even if it seems like jiberish at first, just write.

To use my own personal example from the last blog, winning to me looks like: "a full schedule of clients a certain number of days per week doing the work I love at a rate that I feel is appropriate; making a particular amount of money to live the lifestyle I want; having fun doing what I do and doing new and exciting things such as writing articles and conducting seminars." Be as specific as you can. I have been somewhat vague with mine here because it is rather personal and my sense of boundaries causes me to limit the amount of personal information that I release for public consumption.

Next blogs will focus on the steps to making it happen and how to stay on course. Any trouble with this step, send me an email. Thanks to the couple of people whom sent the emails about yesterday. I really do answer them.

John Hudome, DCH
"Workout and eat as if your life depended on it."

No comments: