Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Tampa Workout Bust

Well, I was travelling again. I'll write more about that later. For now, I want to share a little gym mishap that surprised me and left me a little bewildered.

I was in Tampa, FL for 6 days. On Monday, February 20, I went to a little gym called "Tranzitions Fitness" on E. Fletcher Avenue. It was small but pretty good. They had nearly everything I needed. I talked to the guy working and he told me he opened on Tuesday morning (the following day) at "7:00 AM." So I set the alarm, got up, dressed, bought coffee, ate my oatmeal (fortified with some protein powder) and off to the gym I went. I arrived at 7:15 AM to find the door locked. I waited until 8:03 AM (OK, you're right. That's MUCH longer than I should have waited, but I did). No one showed up.

Moral of the story, you can do all the planning in the world and sometimes sh#% happens. I rolled with it. Bought another coffee, woke my roommates on this trip and headed off to watch the Phillies at spring training and had a great time.

Tranzitions, shame on you.

John Hudome, DCH

2 comments:

John Hudome said...

A full day posted and the Tranzitions dude hasn't responded. How unfortunate. I was looking for some banter fun. Oh well.

I left him a note and told him where I would comment and how to find me. If you're out there, tell me what happened. I just want to know. Really dude, let's play. Talk to me.

John Hudome said...

Well, it's 2/25 and 4 full days since Tranzitions didn't show up. Time to let go. This is the last I'll have to say about it unless Tranzitions responds and a response seems appropriate.