Thursday, February 23, 2006

Ya Gotta Eat... Just Prepare!

I recently travelled to Tampa, FL with my softball team for a tournament (Feb. 18 and 19). I prepared to play by throwing on the basketball court at my gym (12th Street gym) and hitting at the indoor batting cages in Delaware County. I was certain that I was prepared to play. My concern was to keep up with my nutrition regimen while living in a hotel for 5 nights and 6 days. So I consulted with my trainer, Jim Hart (listed in Men's Journal as one of Americas Top 100 Trainers for the second consecutive year) and had a game plan for nutrition before I left. I took some things with me and knew where to get what else I needed. I also planned on how to order in restaurants. You do know that restaurants will prepare your food to your specifications (within reason) if you only ask? Do you not? I was set.

It went great. I played well, had fun, and ate often and well within the scope of my personal needs for protein, fat, carbs, fiber etc. I felt great the entire time. My weight was 1 lb. higher the day after my return from what it had been when I left. I'm actually a little on the thin side right now and my concern was not to lose any weight. The next day, it was back to square. Ahh, how sweet it is.

So plan before you leave. There's nothing like being prepared. You'll like the results you get.

John Hudome, DCH
remember: "Workout and eat as if your life depended on it."
To find Jim Hart: www.hartbody.com I highly recommend him. Tell him I sent you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I travel often and I have a difficult time staying on a diet plan. We have Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner meetings and there is lots of stress. What do you recommend for eating, specifically, when travelling and attending meetings?