Friday, April 07, 2006

Do What You CAN do!

This entry should be somewhat brief. I woke up this morning at my usual 5:16 AM only to find that a toe problem has re-surfaced. I won't bore you with details, but this happens once every year or two. A simple medication for one day relieves it completely and life goes on as usual.

It occured to me that many people whom I meet and do work with in my office find many (if not almost any) excuses to skip a day at the gym (or whatever workout they do). Today, I ordinarily would have done 30 minutes of cardio (since it's a Friday and that's my schedule) after my weight training and before my coffee with a friend. I skipped the cardio due to severe pain and altered the original workout planned for today to something that didn't impact the toe. The point is, you need to think from the position of "what can I do today." Instead of excuses, you'll at least do something. Maybe it's just me but I tend to think that when it comes to fitness, almost anything is better than nothing.

John Hudome, DCH
"Workout and eat as if your life depended on it"

No comments: